Registered Nurse (RN) in Aged Care
Location – Brisbane
Work Type – Casual
Heather Hill Nursing Agency is on the look out for Registered Nurses (RN) in the Brisbane, Ipswich, Caboolture and Bayside area with experience in Aged Care.
- Above award pay rates (paid weekly)
- Plenty of work at over 200 aged care facilities
- Paid for the actual hours you work
- Take leave when you want to
- On-the-job and in-house training
- Professional, respectful and supportive environment (with 24/7 phone support from experienced registered nurses)
- Speak directly with an open & understanding management team (we’re a family company)
- We provide your professional indemnity, public liability and workers’ compensation insurances
- Job security (we turn down far more shifts than we can fill)
We are a family owned and run business that treats all of its nurses as an extension of that family. Our local Brisbane call centre has been operating for over fifteen years and we have always been (and will be) aged care specific.
We surveyed our nurses to see what they thought of us. Here are some of the responses we received.
“Flexibility and variety in work. Excellent, friendly call centre. Always paid on time. Excellent support when/if things go wrong. Up-to-date training available. Good rates of pay. Enough work to be able to pay the rent, buy food, pay bills and have some left over to enjoy. What more could I ask for?”
“Their professionalism. The quality of the information that is made available for all staff. The atmosphere created gives an aura of family. The ability to listen to staff. The support given to staff.”
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To apply you must have:
- a minimum of 500 hours recent paid work experience in an aged care facility
- your own vehicle or have close access to public transport
- a current national police certificate (within the last 3 years)
- Australian or New Zealand citizenship or a valid Working Visa
- current AHPRA registration
Simply complete the form below to express your interest in applying to become a specialist HHNA aged care Registered Nurse or call our recruitment consultants Pat, Joyce or Sam on (07) 3720 9122 for a confidential discussion.
Once your expression of interest has been received, we will be in touch to discuss the formal application, which involves:
- a personal one-to-one interview with a recruitment consultant (all RNs experienced in aged care)
- a theory component (questions focusing on situations you would encounter in aged care)
- a practical component (manual handling, handwashing, fire safety)
- you providing the names of two referees (one must be a director of nursing).
During your interview, you’ll also get a chance to meet our placement team and management team. It’s a chance for you to get a feel for our agency and for us to get to know you better.
Once we’ve reviewed your application and interview, you’ll receive a call from one of our recruitment consultants to let you know the outcome of your application. We provide feedback to everybody who applies to join our agency.
If you have any questions in the mean time, please feel free to Contact Us.